Hundreds of small birds had been discovered trapped within the chimney of a California dwelling on Sunday evening. The Montecito Fire Department shared particulars of the weird incident on social media alongside a video that reveals the birds fluttering inside the hearth, unable to fly out due to a display screen trapping them inside.
“Every day is different in the fire service!” the Montecito Fire Department stated in an announcement. “Sunday night, your Montecito firefighters were called to a home where about 1,000 small birds had become trapped in the chimney.”
The hearth division had initially hoped that the birds would fly out on their very own in a single day, however once they returned the following morning, they discovered them nonetheless caught inside.
“We worked with Santa Barbara County Animals Services to figure out how to safely free the birds,” the fireplace division stated. “County Animal Services worked diligently throughout the day to design a chute system to funnel the birds out of the fireplace and release them through the home’s back doors.”
The rescue operation earned the fireplace division a lot reward and appreciation from social media customers.
“Amazing! Congratulations for saving them,” wrote one particular person on Instagram.
“Those are swifts. Not surprising they took refuge in a chimney since they’re migratory and prefer a warm clime,” one other remarked.
Santa Barbara County Animals Services recognized the birds as swifts. It’s not clear why they flew inside the hearth, however these grey chicken usually roost communally in chimneys.
Click for extra trending news
#Video #Hundreds #Birds #Trapped #Chimney #California