Political developments continued to emerge from Maharashtra on Monday as allegations flew thick and quick within the Sachin Waze case. IPS officer Param Bir Singh moved the Supreme Court in search of path for a right away “unbiased, uninfluenced, impartial and fair” CBI probe into alleged corrupt malpractices of Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. The matter shook the Parliament, inflicting an uproar over the corruption allegations within the Question Hour. Meanwhile, NCP chief Sharad Pawar continued to defend Deshmukh, and dismissed calls for for his resignation.
In his eight-web page letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Singh on Saturday claimed Deshmukh wished cops to gather Rs 100 crore month-to-month from bars and accommodations. Singh had additionally alleged within the letter that Deshmukh had known as Mumbai police API Sachin Waze round mid-February on the ministers official residence and advised him to gather Rs 100 crore a month.
- In his plea to the highest court docket, Param Bir Singh sought quashing of the order transferring him from the publish of Mumbai CP alleging it to be arbitrary and unlawful.
- Seeking an interim reduction, Singh sought keep of the operation of his switch order and path to the state authorities, the Centre and the CBI to right away soak up its custody the CCTV footage from the residence of Deshmukh.
- Meanwhile, NCP President Sharad Pawar defended Anil Deshmukh. hE mentioned Singh’s corruption allegations in opposition to Deshmukh pertain to a interval when he was hospitalised and therefore the query of his resignation doesn’t come up. “We got information that Deshmukh was hospitalised at that time in Nagpur. The allegation (by Singh) pertains to exactly the same period when he was in hospital. There is a hospital certificate,” Pawar mentioned.
- “Deshmukh was admitted to a Nagpur hospital between February 5 and February 15 after testing positive for COVID-19 and was being analysed from February 15 to 27,” Pawar mentioned and skim out a certificates from the hospital on this regard. All (state) authorities information additionally say that for the complete three weeks, he (Deshmukh) was not in Bombay (Mumbai). He was in Nagpur, which is his dwelling city. Thats why in such a state of affairs, the query (of in search of resignation) doesn’t come up, Pawar mentioned.
- Countering Pawar, BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis claimed that Deshmukh held a “press conference” on February 15 which contradicted Pawar’s assertion that he was hospitalized then. Deshmukh, nonetheless, mentioned it was solely a quick interplay with the media when he was stepping out of hospital.
- Singh has alleged that Deshmukh had known as police officer Sachin Waze round mid-February at his official residence and requested him to assist with accumulating funds from bars and eating places.
- Waze is at the moment within the custody of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) which is probing the restoration of the car containing gelatin sticks and a risk letter which was discovered parked close to industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilia in Mumbai final month.
#Param #Bir #moves #Pawar #defends #Deshmukh #Maharashtras #maha #drama #continues #Top #developments