NEW DELHI: The Maharashtra authorities on Sunday introduced robust new restrictions to curb the alarming unfold of Covid-19 within the state, together with weekend lockdown each Friday night to Monday morning in addition to night curfew.
The order comes amid a steep surge in Covid-19 infections within the state over the previous few weeks. On Saturday, the state reported a file 49,447 contemporary instances and 277 deaths.
Here are the new curbs introduced by the state authorities:
* Night curfew from 8pm to 7am. Only important providers will probably be permitted through the interval.
* Restaurants are permitted just for take away and parcel providers through the night.
* Lockdown will probably be imposed each weekend from Friday 8pm to Monday 7am.
* Prohibitory orders issued underneath part 144 to be in power through the day time.
* Government places of work will probably be allowed to operate solely at 50 per cent of their capability.
* Auto, taxi, buses to run with 50% capability.
* Industries and manufacturing sector, vegetable markets will operate with Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) and development websites will function if there may be lodging facility for staff.
* Theatres, drama theatres will probably be shut; movie and tv shootings will proceed if there isn’t any crowding.
* Parks and playgrounds to be closed.
* Work from dwelling to be inspired.
#Maharashtra #lockdown #Weekend #lockdown #night #curfew #Maharashtra #announces #strict #Covid #curbs #India #News #Times #India