If you typically ship delicate and secretive data on Gmail and want there was a manner that would block individuals from forwarding the mail to another person, then Gmail’s Confidential Mode may very well be an important characteristic for you. It permits you to prohibit individuals from downloading, printing, copy-pasting and even forwarding your mail and its attachments. Thus, supplying you with peace of thoughts and serving to you retain your messages shielded from getting leaked.
This characteristic additionally enables you to set an expiration date, submit which the content material of the e-mail mechanically disappears in order that the receiver can now not view it. Additionally, you’ll be able to select to lock your delicate emails and permit recipients to entry the messages solely after they enter a passcode that’s despatched to them by both an SMS or e mail. Here’s a step-by-step information on how to use this characteristic on Gmail’s desktop model or cell app. You may verify our information on how to ship drive recordsdata and make video calls on Gmail.
How to set an expiry date or passcode to an e mail on Gmail
- On your Android cellphone or iPhone, open the Gmail app
- Tap Compose, and within the prime proper nook faucet Confidential mode. If you have got already enabled confidential mode, you’ll be able to go to the underside of the e-mail, then faucet Edit.
- Now, flip on Confidential mode. You can now set an expiration date for this mail for 1 day, per week, a month and even 5 years.
- If you select “No SMS passcode,” recipients utilizing the Gmail app will probably be in a position to open the mail immediately. But, if you need the receiver to enter a passcode earlier than studying the mail to confirm their id, you’ll be able to go to Require Passcode and select SMS passcode. And, whenever you ship this mail, you can be required to add a cellphone quantity. Just be sure you enter the recipient’s cellphone quantity, not your personal.
- Tap Done
- Similarly, on Gmail’s desktop model, Click Compose.
- In the underside proper of the window, click on Turn on confidential mode. But, you probably have already enabled it for an e mail, then go to the underside of the e-mail, then click on Edit.
- Now, to set an expiration date and passcode, select “SMS passcode** and the recipients will get a passcode by text message.
- Click Save.
How to open an email sent with confidential mode
If the sender used confidential mode to send an email, then you can view the message and attachments until the expiration date or until the sender removes access. And, remember that the options to copy, paste, download, print, and forward the message text and attachments are disabled, and you might need to enter a passcode to open the email.
For more tutorials, visit our How To section.
Is OnePlus 9R old wine in a new bottle — or something more? We discussed this on Orbital, the Gadgets 360 podcast. Later (beginning at 23:00), we speak in regards to the new OnePlus Watch. Orbital is on the market on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and wherever you get your podcasts.
#Set #Expiry #Date #Email #Gmail